Here are a few things you may want to consider:
- Familiarise yourself with the advice and information here
- Check your business insurance – are you covered for business continuity if your childcare business has to close due to the virus spreading? Do not change your insurance company until you fully understand what they will and won’t cover in event of a closure due to the outbreak. Get it in writing if you believe you are covered.
- Check your T&Cs to ensure that parents know where they stand in terms of payments if their child has to stay away from the centre or your centre has to close for a period of time
- Develop a policy to protect your setting - speak to staff about their understanding of the virus, what symptoms to look out for and what to do if they might have them or have come into contact with someone with them. Speak to parents and families about the latest health advice. Ask parents and staff to sign your policy to ensure they know what is expected of them to keep your nursery as safe as it can be
- Check your health and safety policies – are effective hygiene processes in place to limit the spread of viruses?
- Develop a business continuity plan to ensure your business can continue to run should the virus affect staff.