England: Ofsted has made some changes to the EIF from September 2021.
The latest updates include that Ofsted will not:
- Create unnecessary workload for staff through its recommendations
- Advocate a particular method of planning, teaching or assessment; it is up to providers to determine their practices and it is up to leaders to justify these on their own merits rather than by referring to the handbook.
Ofsted does not require providers to:
- Provide EYFS curriculum planning in any specific format for inspection
- Prepare any performance and children-tracking information for Ofsted
- Do additional work or ask children to do work specifically for the inspection.
Read more on the updates here: