Invoice Settings - The Basics
Before you start sending invoices to your customers, it is crucial that you update the settings for your centre. To look professional - where consistency is key - it's important to make all invoices look identical to your customers. And, it's vital that the information given is correct. So please make sure you double-check your invoicing settings before getting started.
Here are the steps you will need to update right at the outset:
1. Upload your logo - Customise your invoice by uploading your company or group logo. This will ensure that your logo is displayed on all invoices and your customers would instantly recognise your brand.
2. Invoice header - This is the place where you need to enter your full style address.
3. Invoice footer - Here you can add any special instructions or guidelines for your customers. Every childcare centre is different and follows different rules and regulations. So make sure you use this field to customise it to your requirements.
4. Notes section - Add any payment or bank details here, if required.
5. Alphanumeric Invoice number setting - Set your custom invoice number here. The system will remember the new invoice number format and continue the sequence. It is important to note that this cannot be changed once it's updated and invoices are sent.
6. Date format - Choose the invoice date format that you wish to apply for your invoices. An elaborate date format is often recommended so that your customer can easily identify the billing period for the invoice.
7. Generate invoices to Drafts on a date - This is the date that your recurring invoices are generated by the system and will be auto-saved to the drafts folder. Make sure that you choose a convenient date during which you can review all the invoices in the drafts folder and then approve, and batch send it to your customers in one single click. You can come back and change this date later on if a change is required.
8. Default Currency - This is a very important setting and cannot be changed once it has been set. You can select and apply the currency that is applicable to your centre, choose the currency that you will be charging your customers in. For example, a centre located in the United Kingdom should choose GBP (£).